Friday, September 14, 2007

California Bans Cell Phone Use for Teen Drivers

Bully for them. A step in the right direction. I might question the scientific foundation of Schwarzenegger's claim that teenagers "have a slower reaction time" thing, but otherwise, kudos. Next, they should ban cell phone use among lady drivers. I’m also all for a law banning women from talking on cell phones in grocery stores... or at least the grocery store should provide me with foam leg guards to protect me from lady cellphone-talking-while-pushing-a-cart-into-my-shins syndrome.*

Or, ya know, they could just ban cell phone use for ALL drivers... or something.

* The first time a dude does this to me, I’ll return to this blog and apologize for being chauvinistic. But until that happens, you ladies are winning the bumper cart competition something like 10 to 0.

1 comment:

david hayes said...

Ban cellphones for all drivers?! What an absurd idea. We know that only teens are irresponsible enough to allow themselves to be distracted by cell-phones. [end sarcasm]