Thursday, November 29, 2007

A "Little Death" of my Dignity

I just recieved a “e” get well card with an attached message that said this:

Sorry about your hand! Yeah, sure, you wore it out by "falling off your bike." ;-) Seriously, get better soon!


To which I replied thusly:

Aw. That was very sweet of you to send me an ecard. Thank you.

"Yeah, sure, you wore it out by 'falling off your bike.'"

I can't, or don't want to, imagine the furious, violent and pathological self abuse that would cause someone to fracture a hand-bone. Har, I just said "hand-bone."

Although, now that you mention it, once in my high school years I did pull a neck muscle so badly doing "that" that I had to lie on my back and wait 2 hours for my father to get home so he could drive me to the ER. And, NO, I wasn't trying to suck myself off! I just clinched up really badly at the moment of poetic death and pulled a neck muscle. It was awful.

The whole car ride to the hospital my father kept grilling me, "What the hell were you doing that hurt your neck?!"

Der, "Um - I don't know. It just happened - I guess."

Ahhhhh. Memories.

Shut up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I don't get mentioned in credits? That was ME that was ME! haha. We should email more so you can write more blog posts.

Anonymous said...

And also, I can't imagine the O face you must've made when you injured your neck whacking it. HAHAHAHA!

DBDP said...

Would you want to imagine such a horrible thing?

I had to wear a neck brace to school for a week.

acw said...

I bet you wore that neck brace like a badge of honor.

DBDP said...

Shamelessness came later in life. Back then I was still an insecure little virgin teenager - unlike the self-confident fully grown virgin that I am today.

Actually, after a couple of months I eventually told everyone why I had to wear that neck brace. I mean, come on, if I didn't let them make fun of me for THAT, what kind of friend would I be?